2018 Grasshopper 623T 48"
Call for Price
An ideal FrontMount™ solution for home or business use, the Model 623T offers the power, reliability and economical performance needed to get the job done.
Features & Benefits
- Single-fork tail wheels enhance weight distribution, improve stability and enhance castering effect when maneuvering.
- Add or remove implements in minutes without tools with QuikConverter™ Implement System. Equip your out-front mower with a wide range of tools, including turf cleanup, renovation and snow removal implements that extend your productivity year-round.
- Tandem 12cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir transmission is specifically designed for turf-care applications. In-line CoolFan™ cooling system and integrated, replaceable, high-efficiency fine-particle filter. Design directs more power to the cutting deck as power-sapping components are eliminated.
- Isolates the engine and T-Drive™ from the operator platform for an unprecedented vibration-free experience.
- Fewer than 10 grease points and easy top-side access to belts and filters. 1,000-hour transmission fluid change intervals. Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance.
- Robotically-welded, high-grade steel construction and I-beam reinforcement for long-lasting durability. Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to easily handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts. Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance.
- 694 cc, 2-cylinder, air-cooled Kohler Command V-Twin engine.
- Standard on all FrontMount™ DuraMax® decks 48-inch and larger, PowerFold® is the zero-turn mower industry's first electric deck lift (introduced in 2004). PowerFold® rotates the deck nearly 90 degrees to provide easy access to the underside of the deck for simplified maintenance and mulching package installation, plus space-saving portability and storage. The feature also adjusts cutting height between 1.0 and 5.0 inches and controls deck lift functions using a single switch.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge. Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality. Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection. Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength. Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt. Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse. Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position.
- Commercial Use: 3-year unlimited hours; limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach. One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: Kohler Command Pro, V-Twin
- Displacement: 42.4 cu. in. (694 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Horizontal
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 U.S. Gal. (15.14 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty, remote mounted, cyclonic, dual element air filtration.
- Muffler: Ultra-quiet, industrial type
- Deck: DuraMax (52")
- Mulching Package #: 504566(48)
- DuraMax Deck Size: 48"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.25 to 5.0 in. (3.2 cm to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-welded steel): Tubular 2.25 in. x 4 in. boxed members with 0.25 in. gussets. Formed double thickness hardened steel (0.239 in. = 3 gauge (6.07mm)) truss spindle plane and (3) Sentry™ spindles and a triple-strength upper deck, over 1/2 inch thick in stress zones. Geometrically engineered design with 7 gauge skirts to withstand the brunt of commercial mowing.
- Blades: (2) 18 in. (45.7 cm), (1) 15 in. (38.1 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Double bearings greasable from top of deck. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Maintenance-free gearbox with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side): 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
Starter & Electrical System
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
Ultimate Operator System
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) iso-mounted, high-back, deep-cushioned, foam-padded CoolTemp Cordura-covered, padded arms/backrest with lumbar support and coil-spring suspension. Optional CoolTemp Cordura-covered premier suspension seat.
- Suspension: AntiVibe PowerPlatform™ with iso-mounted seat and footrest
- Console-mounted Instruments: Low engine oil pressure and parking brake indicator lights, work lights, digital hour meter, ignition and push/pull PTO switches. Choke integrated with throttle lever.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
Transmission & Steering
- Type: T-Drive™ hydrostatic transmission with tandem 12 cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir, in-line CoolFan™ for cooling efficiency, design-matched Parker high-torque wheel motors. AntiVibe Power Platform® reduces vibration for the operator.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Integrated, replaceable, high-efficiency, fine-particle filter / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for 1,000 hour change intervals.
- Speed: 0-8.5 mph (0-13.7 kph) forward; 0-5.5 mph (0-8.9 kph) reverse.
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels. Seat is pivot point.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable, HydraSmooth™, dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Compression
- Attachment Drive: Telescoping PTO shaft with two high-speed U-joints, Quik-D-Tatch® coupler and heavy-duty electric Mag Stop® blade clutch/brake.
- Drive Wheels – Standard (4-ply rated): 20x10.00x8 turf tread, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels – Optional (4-ply rated): 21x11.00x8, bar tread, 4-ply rated
- Single Tail Wheel: 13x6.50x6 rib tread, pneumatic
- Wide Stance Single Fork Tail Wheel: NA
- Deck Tires (4-ply rated): 9x3.50x4 (flat proof), 4-ply rated
- Height (Seat Back): 43.5 in. (110.5 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 26.0 in. (66.0 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 63.0 in. (160.0 cm)
- Length (FrontMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 99.0 in. (251.5cm)
- Length (FrontMount Power Unit + DuraMax® Deck - Folded Up): 78.0 in. (198.2cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 61.5 in. (156.2 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 49.5 in. (125.7 cm)
- FrontMount PowerUnit Only (Width/Length): 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)/59.0 in. (149.9 cm)
- FrontMount Power Unit (Wheelbase): 46.0 in. (116.8 cm)
- Weight (Uncrated): 1040 lbs. (471.7 kg)
- FrontMount Power Unit Only (uncrated): 750 lbs. (340.2 kg)
- FrontMount Deck Only - Side Discharge (uncrated): 290 lbs. (131.5 kg)
- Mulching Package: 25 lbs. (11.3 kg)
Options & Accessories
- Includes a deep-cushioned, high-back, scuff-resistant Cordura®-covered seat with padded lumbar support and armrests to decrease operator fatigue and eliminate stretching and straining to reach controls.
- Includes low-pressure tires and wide-stance, single-fork tail wheels.
- 33 Series out-front, side-discharge deck, which easily converts to Down Discharge® mulching or vacuum collection. Available as manual FoldUp™ deck or equipped with PowerFold® electric deck lift/height adjustment.
- Powerful, deck-driven PowerVac™ collection systems deliver one-pass perfection every time, and are available with a wide range of twin or triple mesh bag or high-capacity metal hopper collectors.
- Used in conjunction with PowerFold® electric deck lift/height adjustment, this armrest-mounted switch controls deck lift functions and adjusts cutting height between 1.0 and 4.5 inches on the go.
- Optional rear discharge shield kit converts 34R Series decks to direct clippings out the back of the deck for a smooth cut and no windrowing.
- An optional Air Dam Kit can be installed along the front edge of most mower decks to minimize dust and dirt escaping from the front of the mower.
- The optional SpeedTrimming™ heavy-duty, anti-scalp roller kit for 52-inch and larger DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features. Kits available for both left and right sides of cutting decks.
- Allow for controlled side-to-side flotation of the deck in rolling terrain for a smooth, even cut.
- Every FrontMount™ mower accepts a range of time- and labor-saving QuikConverter™ implements for even greater flexibility and productivity year-round.
- Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
- The optional Premier Suspension Seat offers the ultimate in comfort and an extra measure of suspension while mowing over rough ground. Adjustable backrest, armrests and lumbar support with weight-adjusted suspension control provide maximum comfort for operators of all sizes and preferences
- Optional low-pressure, high-flotation bar-tread tires flex with the terrain for maximum traction and minimize scuffing caused by wheel spin-out.
- QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Dual-fork tail wheels or wide stance single-fork tail wheels.
- Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- The Adjustable Cup Holder locks into multiple positions to accommodate a wide range of drink sizes.
- Yellow beacon attaches to OPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ High-Low Mulching blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the turf, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- Kohler Command Pro
- 42.4 cu. in. (694 cc)
- T-Drive™ hydrostatic transmission with tandem 12cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir
- Wheel Size
- 20x10.00x8, turf tread
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 U.S. Gal. (15.14 L)
- Deck Size
- 48 in.
- Discharge Type