2019 Grasshopper 225V-G4 52"
Call for Price
A compact, Grasshopper true zero-turn riding lawn mower designed with commercial-grade features such as comfort, durability, performance, ease of maintenance and responsiveness. The zero turn Model 225V-G4 mower utilizes heavy-duty Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 commercial transaxles with integrated cooling fan that feature 1-3/8-inch axles for longer service life. Ideal for commercial landscapers and large-acreage homeowners.
- Kohler Confidant Engine: Professional-grade 747 cc Kohler Confidant OHV V-Twin engine Designed to maximize airflow and reduce operating temperatures for extended service life Heavy-duty cyclonic air filter with Quad-Clean™ multi-stage air filtration Full-pressure lubrication to protect critical components
- Vigilant Operator Presence System™: Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
- QuikAjust Tilt™ Levers: QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Ultimate Suspension Ride® Seat: Deep-cushioned, deluxe Ultimate Suspension Ride™ (USR™) seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Seat and padded, foldable armrests are covered in scuff- and tear-resistant CoolTemp Cordura® Roomy, iso-mounted, shock-absorbing footrest
- Ultimate Operator Station®: The deep-cushioned, deluxe Ultimate Suspension Ride™ (USR™) seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Iso-mounting eliminates vibration before it reaches the seat, and both padded seat and foldable armrests are covered in scuff-resistant, breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric, which dissipates heat and won't tear or crack with extended use. QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch adjustment and the adjustable seat work together to provide a custom fit for operators of all sizes. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 Transmission: The G4 Hydro-Gear ZT-4400 transmissions are designed to provide powerful, smooth response The heavy-duty, self-contained commercial transaxles are integrated with a cooling fan and feature 1-3/8-inch axles for longer service life. You'll also enjoy best-in-class transmission fluid change intervals after a 100-hour break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Heavy-duty Deck: Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
- Warranty: Commercial Use: 2-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty: First two years covering parts and labor, last two years covering parts only.
- QuikAjust® Drop Pin Height Adjustment: Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Reduced Maintenance: Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95% Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
- Rugged Construction: Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: Kohler Confidant, V-Twin
- Displacement: 45.6 cu. in. (747 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 6.5 U.S. gal. (26.6 L)
- Air Cleaner: Heavy-duty cyclonic air filter with QUAD-CLEAN™ multi-stage air filtration
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Mulching Package #: 504567(52), 504569(61)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 52"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-Welded Steel): Double-layered 10-gauge plus 7-gauge formed-steel laminated spindle plane 0.313 in (7.95 mm) thick - more than 25% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) with 7-gauge skirts for geometric strength. Spindle plane is 0.9 in.(22.86 mm) thick in stress zones. Anvi
- Blades (Tempered, Alloy Steel): 52" Deck: (3) 18 in. (45.7 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Battery (Maintenance-Free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Seat: Deep-cushioned, deluxe Ultimate Suspension Ride™ (USR™) seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support with sliding 2-inch fore and aft adjustment for all-day comfort. Seat and padded, foldable armrests are covered in scuff- and tear-resistant Cordura®.
- Suspension: Roomy, iso-mounted footrest with Shock Impact Reduction System™ (SIRS™).
- Console-Mounted Instruments: Digital hour meter, parking brake indicator light, ignition switch, choke and push/pull PTO switch.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Type: Heavy-duty Hydro-Gear ZT4400 hydrostatic transmissions with cooling fans, integrated transaxles with 12cc piston pumps and 16cc piston motors, gear reduction, internal disc brakes, and 1-3/8 inch axles.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Self-contained fluid and internal filtration. CoolTemp HydroMax? fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for extended service intervals after 100-hour break-in oil change.
- Speed: 0 - 9.0 mph (0 - 14.5 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch adjustment for a custom fit that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Internal disc brake in transmission
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-Ply Rated): 52" Deck: 23x10.50x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Front Wheels - All Models: 13x6.50x6; pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Height (Seat Back): 46.0 in. (116.9 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 30.0 in. (76.2 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 68.0 in. (172.7 cm)
- Length (MidMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 52" Deck: 76.0 in. (193.0 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 52" Deck: 65.5 in. (166.5 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 52" Deck: 53.5 in.* (135.9 cm)
- (Uncrated): 52" Deck: 980 lbs. (444.5 kg
- Mulching Package: 52" Deck: 29 lbs. (13.2 kg)
- LED Work Lights: LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- ComfortReach™ Adjustable Levers: ComfortReach Tilt™ "no tools" dual steering lever adjustment provides a custom fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions. Standard on most FrontMount™ models.
- Yellow Beacon Light: Yellow beacon attaches to OPS or ROPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- Down Discharge™ Mulching Package: The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ medium-lift blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the grass bed, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Sunshade Canopy Vinyl: Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- Edge-EZE™ Edger: Creates clean, sharp turf edges along sidewalks, roadways and driveways, eliminating time-consuming secondary trimming and reducing edging time up to 75 percent compared to hand-held string trimmers and walk-behinds.
- SpeedTrimming™ Roller Kit: The optional SpeedTrimming™ heavy-duty, anti-scalp roller kit for 52-inch and larger DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features. Kits available for both left and right sides of cutting decks.
- Extended Steering Levers: Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- Wide Seat Conversion Kit: Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
- Sunshade Canopy Aluminum: Diamond-plated aluminum canopy is highly resistant to abrasions. Easily mounts to ROPS to increase operator comfort by limiting exposure to direct sunlight and reducing eye strain.
- DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks: Optional DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks absorb the impacts of rough terrain to maintain a level cut, and can be set for use with PowerVac™ collectors.
- Side Discharge Control Kit: Control the discharge of the mower deck to avoid putting clippings in flower beds and on sidewalks
- Trimaide™ Vertical Roller Kit: Available for the left-hand corner of 52-inch DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Kohler Confidant
- Engine Type
- 45.6 cu. in. (747 cc)
- Heavy-duty Hydro-Gear ZT4400 hydrostatic transmissions with cooling fans
- Wheel Size
- 23x10.50x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.5 U.S. gal. (26.6 L)
- Deck Size
- 52 in.